Vagabond Trans Terms and Conditions
Packing and Safety
*All items to be securely and safely packed, properly padded and protected as best as can be.
All fragile items should be clearly labelled as such, and whilst our team takes the utmost care of securing all items and boxes to prevent shifting during transit, there will be normal road conditions such as speed-humps and uneven roads that need to be taken into account when packing your items for transit. Any damage or shifting movement caused due to insufficient and poor packaging is not the responsibility of Vagabond Trans.
*Where possible all loose items should be placed inside boxes. Lots of loose individual items that need to be carried individually will hinder the timed progress of our team and can cause un-necessary delays. Should you need packing boxes and news-paper supplied you can contact our team for a quote.
***An excessive amount of loose bits-and-pieces that cause major delay in the pre-estimated time for loading and unloading may incur additional costs.
*No dangerous goods or chemicals to be transported, no matter how securely packed. Any items of dangerous nature are your sole responsibility, and any damage caused to the truck, belongings of others or Vagabond Trans equipment or property due to dangerous natured items not being disclosed are your sole liability.
To clarify box sizes when requesting your quote
Small box: 30cm x 40cm x 25cm
Medium box: 40cm x 30cmx 35cm
Large box: 45cm x 40cm x 60cm
Extra Large box: 60cm x 50cm x 120cm
Vagabond Trans works hard to provide you with a highly affordable quote for your move carefully structured around your itinerary of items to be moved, your TO and FROM location, and accessibility to both pickup and drop-off locations.
*You will need to specify any obstacles the moving team will come into contact with such as steps, staircases, parking availability, lift access, ground floor VS multiple stories. You will receive a carefully calculated quote that is based upon your exact details provided. This is a final quote, and we have NO HIDDEN FEES if you have NO HIDDEN FURNITURE.
*The only time your quote will be altered and incur any additional charges is if you have given an insufficient overview of your move, and we have not been able to properly calculate time and distance due to misinformation. A few extra boxes is not a problem, but if there are more than 10+ boxes for a house move or any large furniture items that were not properly disclosed in the itinerary please understand - they might not even fit onto the truck, as we would have calculated carrying capacity based upon your disclosed itinerary.
* Where excess items not previously disclosed in the agreed itinerary warrant a DOUBLE RUN (that is, the truck has to come back for the excess items a second time in order to be able to move all items) an additional double-run fee will be calculated and need to be paid in cash on the day.
*All small items (bits and bobs) should be properly packed inside boxes, not in little baskets and plastic bags. An excessive amount of loose bits-and-pieces that cause major delay in the pre-estimated time for loading and unloading may also incur additional costs. If you require any tea-chests (standard moving boxes) these may be purchased from Vagabond Trans if requested before your move-date.
*If you have chosen the "MATE'S RATES" moving option for your move, and your mate's do not show up on the day, understand you will be asked to pay the difference for the "1x REMOVALIST" option instead. This will have to be paid in cash to the driver on the day.
*If you choose the "1x REMOVALIST" option and do not properly disclose large furniture items that will need 2x Removalists on the day to load and unload the items, you understand and accept these items may not be able to be moved. Our team values safety and practice proper health and safety regulations when moving heavy items.
By accepting one of our moving quotes you understand our Terms and Conditions, and the policies outlined above, and that additional costs will only be incurred where misinformation or misleading information has been provided regarding the itinerary and moving access.
Vagabond Trans is covered by Zurich ''Goods in Transit'' policy. Important things to understand:
* Few Items Delivery - if assisted by you or other persons of your choosing) where the loading and unloading is NOT fulfilled exclusively by Vagabond Trans staff - our insurance does NOT cover items damaged during loading, unloading, or accidental damage during transit. You ARE covered in the case of items theft, non-delivery, and damaged caused by vehicle accident.
* Mate's Rates and 1x Removalist (assisted by you or other persons of your choosing, where the loading and unloading is NOT fulfilled exclusively by Vagabond Trans staff) - our insurance does NOT cover items damaged during loading, unloading, or accidental damage during transit. You ARE covered in the case of items theft, non-delivery, and damaged caused by vehicle accident.
* Moving Heroes Option - where the loading and unloading is fulfilled exclusively by Vagabond Trans staff: our insurance DOES cover items damaged during loading and unloading where witnessed and confirmed by our staff during these two times. Our insurance does NOT cover ''accidental damage'' during transit. You ARE covered in the case of items theft, non-delivery, and damaged caused by vehicle accident.
* Property Damage - Our policy does not cover third-party damage to property unless in the case of vehicle caused damage by one of our trucks.
Free Quote now